Free School Meals and Pupil Premium Funding
Free School Meals Information
Good news about school meals for infants!
children who are in reception, year 1 or year 2 will be offered a free healthy school lunch. We believe that the school lunchtime is a great opportunity for all our children to sit down together and enjoy their healthy and tasty meal, while developing their social skills. We therefore hope that all parents will take up this offer of a free school meal for our infant pupils.
Registering for free meals
It is still important to register for free school meals even though we have just said that all children in reception, year 1 and year 2 will be offered a free healthy school lunch. The reason is this:
Registering for free meals could raise an extra £1,345 for our school, to fund valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities! You will also be entitled to a free breakfast club place, subsidised music lessons and trips!
This additional money is available for every child whose parent is receiving one of the welfare benefits listed below. It is therefore really important to sign up for free school meals so that our school receives as much funding as possible. The information you provide when registering will also be used to decide whether your child is eligible for free school meals from the start of year 3 until the end of year 6.
You only need to complete this form once and it will last for the duration of your child’s time at their current school. If you would like some help completing the form you can contact us in confidence by contacting Mrs Kriskovic or the School office. The form is available from the school office or see the download below.
· Income Support
· Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· the guarantee element of Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC.
· Working Tax Credit run-on paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
· Universal Credit with net ('take- home') income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month).
Thank you for helping to make sure our school is as well funded as possible.